Green Garden Agricultural Co.
Type of organization with legal status: For Profit Company and Registered with the Dhaka City Corporation.
Reg. Address: House – 44, Road – 2, Haji Para, North Badda, Dhaka – 1212.
Address: C-7, Kha-215 ARMA Majeda Malik Tower, Merul Badda, Progati Sarani, Badda, Dhaka-1212.
Tel: +8801911380785, +8801780018399.
About Green Garden Agricultural Company
The company has been carrying out landscaping and plant supplies since establishment. The company has successfully carried out large landscaping projects from reputed companies from all over the country. It also supplies plants to offices and showrooms for beautification. Though the company’s major working field is the landscaping sector, it also is gaining resolution in importing seeds of plants and flowers from America, Germany and Thailand, and distributing them among the growers. The company has 20 contract growers at present. The company participates in various agricultural exhibitions, conferences held in home and abroad. The company exports plants to countries like Kuwait. The company also imports a good deal. The company imports seed, garden tools, and agricultural materials like greenhouse equipment, mulching film, shade nets etc. and markets them among the local growers. The company imports plants from Thailand on a regular basis.
Mission: To create a greener environment and defend nature.
– Ensure quality work.
– Urban beautification keeping the natural elements intact.
– Source out quality materials for nursery purpose and ensure availability.
– Supply quality and diverse variety seeds to the growers.
Mr. Raisul Islam is very knowledgeable and skilled in the field of agricultural business and landscaping. He has contributed a lot in the development and modernization of agriculture in Bangladesh. He has been trained in national and international organizations and consultants in horticulture & floriculture. He received training from International Trade Center (ITC), Winrock International and Export Promotion Bureau (Bangladesh). He is working with international floriculture consultant Mr. Bengt Brag (Sweden), Mr. John Champo (Netherlands), Prof. Dr. Malcom M. Maner (USA), Prof. Dr. John Griffis (USA), Senaka Herath (Sri Lanka). He has attended different international seminars and conferences and also presented papers in horticulture and the development of floriculture in Bangladesh in those conferences. He also has some writings in the native and foreign agricultural magazines like ‘KrishiBarta’ by Department of Agricultural Extension, Ministry of Agriculture, Bangladesh; ‘Floriculture Today’ by Media Today Group (India). He is working in this field since 1993 and carried out various landscaping projects in Bangladesh successfully. He is also engaged in seeds and agricultural inputs marketing business.
Presently he is working as-
President of- Dhaka City Nursery Owners Association
Ex-Vice President of- Bangladesh Nursery Owners Association
Governing Body Member of Agricultural Development Organization of Bangladesh (ADOB)
Governing Body Member of Bangladesh Flower Growers & Exporters’ Association
General Body Member of- Hortex Foundation
Director of- MASAS Foundation (Human rights Organization)
Md. Zakaria obtained Masters degree in Science in Agricultural Extension Education from the Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh. He has about 17 years’ experience to work for Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), and various donor funded projects. He has sound knowledge on nursery management and ornamental plants, foliage and medicinal plants. During his entire career, he had opportunities to gain knowledge and experience on capacity development, contract farming system of nursery owners and supply chain management of planting materials of ornamental plants flower and foliage. He has expertise to provide technical support for landscaping, gardening, interior and exterior plantation etc.
Landscaping service: We carry out different landscaping projects in different renowned companies. Notable of them are Grameenphone, AGA Khan Foundation, Dhaka City Corporation etc.
Garden Design, Landscape Design: We also do garden and landscaping designing. We create innovative, spectacular and minutely specific landscape designs suited to the requirements.
Garden Maintenance: We are very skilled in garden maintenance. Our skilled gardeners take care of the garden and keep it attractive.
Plants rental and maintenance service: We give plants rental to different offices and showrooms. Notable of them are Sumitomo Corp., Uttara Group etc.
Import and Export: We import and export a good deal of products. We mostly import plants and seeds.
Consultancy service: We provide all kinds of consultancy service regarding landscaping, nursery plantation and any types of agricultural stuff.
Worldwide Participation: We conduct and participate in different national & international seminars, conferences and exhibitions in home and abroad.
AGA Khan Foundation Bangladesh
South Breeze Housing Ltd.
A.R. Malik Seeds
Bio Properties Ltd.
The Westin, Dhaka
Uttara Group of Companies.
Hotel Sweet Dream Ltd.
United Men’s Wear Ltd.
Description of some of the successful projects:
Grameenphone Ltd. (running): We have done the entire landscaping design, plantation and maintenance works at the GPHouse (Grameenphone Head Office), Basundhara, Dhaka. Earlier, we had served their indoor plantation and maintenance works.
The AGA Khan Foundation Bangladesh (running): We are doing the landscaping works of AGA Khan Academy, a very big academic project of AGA Khan Foundation; and have been since 2017.
Building Technologies & Ideas Ltd. (BTI) (running): We are currently doing the landscape and maintenance works of the BTI Landmark at Gulshan, Dhaka.
WHO Bangladesh: We are giving plants rental service to the head office of WHO Bangladesh.
Dhaka City Corporation: We did the renovation-beautification project at the underside of Mohakhali Flyover.
United Men’s Wear Ltd.: We have done landscaping and roof landscaping here in 2015.
A.R. Malik Seeds Co.: We did designing, construction and plantation works in here in 2017.
Banglalink: We did indoor and outdoor landscaping in their head office (Tiger’s Den) and other branches since 2006.
The Westin Dhaka: We did the landscaping work here in 2015-16.
South Breeze Housing Ltd.: We did the landscaping work of different projects of South Breeze Housing Ltd. Since 2015.
Concord Group: We have been doing the landscaping work of different projects of Concord Group since 2000. (Including Fantasy Kingdom)
Otobi: We did the plants supply and landscaping of their different projects and maintenance service since 2004.
- Ornamental Plants:We produce many ornamental plants and we supply them to clients’ office along with selling. We have also exported ornamental plants as well.
- Local: We sell and supply many local ornamental plants.
- Imported: We also import a good deal of ornamental plants from abroad, especially Thailand. We sell them to the local fair exhibitors and supply to clients as well.
- Cut flower: We produce fine cut flowers. We produce them through our contract growers. We also export cut flowers. We are also importing cut flowers from Thailand and Malaysia.
- Cut foliage: We also produce cut foliages. We make neat walls of foliages in landscape projects. We are also planning to export cut foliages abroad.
- Fruits Plants: We buy and sell different fruit plants. Our contract growers produce different types of fruit plants.
- Medicinal Plants: We produce, buy and sell different varieties of medicinal plants.
- Vegetable: We produce different types of seasonal vegetables as well.
- Pottery: We produce pottery too. We have our designers and produce fine and attractive pottery.
- Terracotta: We produce terracotta. We produce fine terracotta by our skilled potters.
- Handicrafts: We also produce handicrafts. We produce and market quality handicrafts. We produce quality handicrafts of bamboo, cane and we produce nokshikatha occasionally.
- Cactus: We import different variety of quality cactus from Thailand.
- Seeds: We import high quality seeds from renowned brands (e.g. PanAmerican Seed, TakiiSeed, Benary GmbH etc.) from USA, Japan and Germany. We market them among the local growers.
- Garden tools: We import quality garden tools (e.g. scythes, secateurs, pruners, grafting machines etc.) from renowned companies of India (e.g. Falcon Garden Tools) and we market them among the local farmers.
- Greenhouse materials: We also import improved greenhouse materials from India and sell them to the growers.
Products we import:
- Live plants and flowers: We are importing ornamental plants and flowers from Thailand and Malaysia. We are planning to import plants from Holland.
- Seeds of flowers and plants: We are importing seeds from different parts of the world like Germany, USA, UK and Thailand and we are marketing it among the local growers.
- Garden Tools: We have imported garden tools (e.g. secateurs, pruners, scythes, lawn mowers etc.) from India and Nepal and marketed them among the local growers.
- Agricultural commodities: We also import various professional gardening materials (e.g. greenhouse materials, poly shed, shade net, mulching film etc.) from India, Nepal and Thailand and market them among the growers of our country.
Products we export:
- Ornamental Plants and Flower: We have exported ornamental plants to Kuwait. Not very long ago, we had exported flowers to Beirut, Lebanon.
- Fish: We had exported Mackerel fishes to Thailand recently.
- Other Stuff: We also export other stuff (e.g. potato, vegetable, and other related commodities) to different countries.